Race rules for 5km, 10km and Half-Marathon of Cannes 2020
Art 1: Organization
The ATHLETIC CLUB DE CANNES, with the assistance of the CITY of CANNES, organizes the 28th HALF-MARATHON, the 22nd 10 Km and the 2nd 5km of Cannes on Sunday March 1st 2020.
Art 2: Course
The three courses (5 km, 10 km and 21.1 km) are officially measured (in accordance with IAAF standards)
The races are classifying and qualifying for the 2020 French Championships.
The start and finish of the races will take place on the Boulevard de la Pantiéro in front of the port of Cannes (100m away from the Palais des Festivals).
Race starts will be separated:
* Half MarathonStarts at 8.45AM.
* 10 km Starts at 10.00AM.
* 5km starts at 12.15AM.
The course, entirely along the sea, is completely closed to traffic, a security service is set up by the National Police, the Municipal Police of Cannes and volunteers of the organization. Refueling stations (5km / 10km / 15km and Finish Line) and sponges are set up all along the course. Chip scores, Manual and Video checkpoints are set up along the course and at the finish line.
Art 3: Registration
The three events are open to FFA licensed runners or not, from:
- Junior, born in 2002 or before for the Half Marathon.
- Cadet, born in 2004 or before for the 10 km.
- Minimes, born in 2006 or before for the 5 km.
It is expressly stated that the runners participate at the competition under their own and exclusive responsibility. The organizers decline all liability in case of accident or deficiency resulting from a bad state of health.
Articles L.231-2 and L.231-3 of the Sport Code and the law of April 5th 2006 on the fight against doping and the health of athletes oblige all French or foreign runners to provide proof of their aptitude for sport (or running) in competition, justified by a medical certificate.
Therefore participating at this event is subject to the presentation of:
- A valid license issued by the FFA such as Athlé Competition or Athlé Running or Pass'Running.
- A valid FSCF, FSGT or UFOLEP license mentioning “Running in competition”
- Non-licensees, must provide a medical certificate mentioning the non-contraindication for practice of sport (or running) in competition, dated of less than a year to the date of the race. This document will be kept in original or copy by the organizer as a proof in case of accident.
No other document can be accepted as a medical certificate.
These provisions also apply to foreign runners.
In case of non providing one of these documents, the bib will not be delivered or refunded.
Art 4: Registrations
All registration is personal, firm and final, and cannot be refunded for any reason whatsoever.
No transfer of registration is permitted for any reason. Any person reassigning his bib to a third person, will be recognized responsible in case of accident occurred or caused by it during the event. Anyone having a bib acquired in breach of these rules will be disqualified.
The organization declines all liability in the event of an accident in this type of situation.
Registrations can be done:
- Online at www.semi-cannes.com until February 27, 2020 inclusive.
- By Mail until Saturday, February 22, 2020 included.
- On site, at the Cannes Athletic Club’s office until Thursday 28, 2020.
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 on the village located on the “Esplanade de la Pantiéro” facing the old port of Cannes from 2.30PM to 7PM.
The registration fee for the 5 km is:
* 14 € until 19 January 2020 included
* 17 € until 28 February 2020
* 20 € on Saturday 29 February 2020
The registration fee for the 10km is:
* 17 € until 19 January 2020 included
* 22 € until 28 February 2020
* 27 € on Saturday 29 February 2020
The registration fee for the Half Marathon is
* 22 € until 19 January 2020 included
* 27 € until 28 February 2020
* 32 € on Saturday 29 February 2020
WARNING: NO REGISTRATION ON THE DAY OF THE RACE !
Art 5: Preferential bibs
They are only delivered when providing proof of a performance, made in 2018 or 2019, sent with your registration papers or by email to email@example.com
- 5 km Men: SAS 1 < 17min / SAS 2 < 20min
- 10km Women: SAS 1 < 19min / SAS 2 < 22min
- 10 km Men: SAS 1 < 35min / SAS 2 < 40min
- 10km Women: SAS 1 < 38min / SAS 2 < 45min
- Half marathon Men: SAS 1 < 1h22min / SAS 2 < 1h32min
- Half marathon Women: SAS 1 < 1h28min / SAS 2 < 1h40min
Art 6: Para Athletics
Para athletic athletes will only be allowed on 5km and 10km distances and will have to announce themselves during their registration
Art 7: Time Limitation
For reasons of circuit congestion, the time will be limited to 2 Hours 30 Minutes on the half marathon, competitors completing the first 10km in more than 1Hour 10 Minutes will be redirected to the finish line.
Art 8: Obtaining bib
Bibs are delivered in the village located on the “Esplanade de la Pantièro” in Cannes, upon presentation of identity document.
- Saturday, February 29, 2020 from 10.00AM to 7.00PM in the village on the “Esplanade de la Pantièro” in Cannes.
- Sunday, March 1, 2020 from 7.15AM to 10.00AM in the village on the “Esplanade de la Pantièro” in Cannes.
In case of non-issue of a license / current license and a medical certificate in accordance with your registration, you must submit one of these documents when picking up the bib.
The bib must be fully legible and worn on the chest during the race
Art 9: Official Jury
The French Athletics Federation sets a jury composed of judges who have the full power of decision.
Art 10: Timing
Timing will be done by an FFA approved timekeeper using an electronic timing system.
You will find on the back of your bib, an electronic chip. This chip must remain in place and not be folded.
NO CHIP - NO TIME - NO RANKING
It will be used as proof of passing checkpoints on the course. A competitor not following the entire course of the event may not be classified on arrival.
The chip will not be collected by the organization after the race.
Art 11: Insurance
Liability: The organizers subscribe to a liability insurance with AIAC guaranteeing the actions of members of the organization as well as those of competitors. Proof can be provided to any participant who requests it.
Individual accident: The organization recommends to all participants who do not have a personal insurance covering their personal injury, in particular the non-licensees to a sports federation, to subscribe to an individual accident insurance as part of their participation in the event.
Art 12: Medical Assistance
The health coverage of the event will be provided by a rescue association approved by the “Prefecture des Alpes-Maritimes”, including emergency stations located along the course.
Health services may decide to disqualify a competitor for medical reasons. His bib will be removed, meaning his immediate exclusion.
Any runner who is out of the race and decides to continue the race will do so under his own responsibility and the organization won’t be responsible in case of an accident.
Art 13: Traffic on the course
Bicycles, wheeled and / or motorized vehicles are strictly forbidden on the course, except for those of the organization.
Art 14: Prizes
- Prize Money for the 10 first men and 10 first women in the scratch classification for 10km an Half-Marathon, and for the 5 first men and 5 first women in the scratch classification for 5km.
- FFA Ranking (can’t be cumulated with the scratch) with Medal or Cup for the first of each FFA Category.
- A "Company" Challenge on the 10 km: Trophy to the 1st team by adding the rankings of the first 4 runners arrived (Men and / or Women) of each team.
The rewards will only be awarded to the runners present at the awards ceremony, except for the runners selected for anti-doping control.
Art 15: Image rights
During his participation in the event, each competitor expressly authorizes the organizers of the "Cannes 10km and Half-Marathon" as well as their successors, such as partners and media, to use the pictures or audiovisual images on which you could appear, taken during your participation in the "5km,10km and Half-Marathon Cannes", in all media, including promotional and / or advertising material, all over the world and for the longest period provided for by law, regulations, treaties in force, including any extensions that may be made to this duration.
Art 16: CNIL
The registration form is likely to be used for all purposes by the organizer, unless expressly contrarily stipulated by the interested party who has a right to access and rectify his personal data, in accordance with the law. "Informatique et Liberté" of January 6th 1978.